Assistant Project Manager – AfricArena
Mid-July to Mid- January (6 months min)
Based in Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa
AfricArena is the first African Tech Ecosystem Accelerator and a platform for the continent’s best startups and innovators to showcase their world-class talent in front of an audience of both local and international investors.
The first AfricArena conference took place in November 2017. The event brought together key figures in the international and African tech innovation ecosystem with the aim of promoting African Tech excellence. AfricArena 2017 saw 450+ attendees watching over 40 speakers and witnessing more than 2 million US dollars’ worth of deals being made. The two-day conference paired more than 80 of Africa’s best startups with over 100 investors from across the globe, providing a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to really showcase Africa’s innovation talent.
This year, AfricArena is traveling to the top tech capitals of Africa in order to bring the best startups of the continent to pitch for the second edition of the Conference in Cape Town in November. More online at www.africarena2018.com
We are looking for someone to aassist the Project Manager with all aspects of the event planning of:
- the AfricArena Tour: Dakar & Johannesburg events
- the final AfricArena conference: Cape Town, November 2018
Your main tasks will involve:
- Operations: sourcing of startups, local events planning
- Marketing & Communication: content creation, newsletter, website/app/portal updates, social media posts
- Event logistics: event planning, front office, staff management, and other tasks as requirement come along.
- End of study internship, 6 months minimum – Business School or University
- Autonomous & organized – ability to manage several parallel projects
- Creative & sense of design
- High interest in Start-ups and the African Tech scene
- Previous successful experience in Event Organization & Communication (needed)
- Previous working experience abroad, ideally within a start-up environment in Africa
- Bilingual French/English – written and oral
- Microsoft Office suite, Photoshop & MailChimp mastered
Your profile matches? Apply at email@example.com with a resume and a cover letter. Please use as subject “Assistant Project Manager AfricArena: Name Surname Application”.