We are offering an internship position as a Business Innovation Analyst at the French South African Tech Labs, reporting to Alexis GROSSKOPF, Chief Operating Officer of the incubator.
You will be working and providing support within the French South African Tech Labs on the following items:
- Participate in the implementation of the incubation and acceleration program
- Support the start-ups already incubated: workshops design, business coaching, incubation follow-up;
- Work closely with Methys Digital team (our ICT partner) to follow up the tech development of the start-ups;
- Participate in market analysis for ideas in evaluation and feasibility stage;
- Participate in assessing business plans to guide investment decisions;
- Involved in reviewing and qualifying seeds ideas;
- Source innovative start-ups and contribute in creating a pipeline of seed opportunities through various initiatives;
- Build strong partnerships with the Cape Town tech community;
- Participate in the development of corporate services such as the organization of learning expeditions.
The French South African Tech Labs is an incubator and accelerator program dedicated to tech entrepreneurs in a bid to develop disruptive businesses and services. It has been launched in February 2017 and specializes in digital tech (apps, web service, etc.). The incubation program allows participants to get professional training (legal, accounting, marketing, strategy, etc.), powerful pitch decks for sales and investors, a robust business plan and a functional minimum viable product (MVP). In essence, the perfect skills and toolbox to launch your business as a startup! The FSAT Labs has three incubated startups and five accelerated startups to date. In January 2019, we will start incubating our fourth cohort of entrepreneurs for the next six months.
La French Tech Cape Town (http://capetown.lafrenchtech.com/) is a community composed of several incubators (French South African Tech Labs, Far Ventures, Igalelo…), a coding School (WeThinkCode) and a dozen start-ups (African Travel Desk; AtnetPlanet South Africa; Candystick; Dataprophet; Deezer; Doza; Energy Intelligence; Myows; Odity; Paygenius; Powertime; Rabbit; Timeone; Where Are You Now). La French Tech in South Africa is supported by French leading firms (Methys, Orange, Dassault Systèmes, Gemalto, Schneider Electric), business associations (French South African Chamber of Commerce) and public partners (Business France, French Consulate of France in Cape Town, French Embassy in South Africa) which are working in close cooperation with the Silicon Cape community, local and national South African agencies such as Wesgro, CiTi and SEDA.
Methys (http://www.methys.com/) is an international Digital Transformation technology firm operations in France, Benelux, UK, Tunisia and South Africa. Methys is focused on customer success, driving maximum business performance. Leveraging on partnerships with key technology providers and a rich set of methodologies blending functional and technological excellence, the passion of Methys people is about giving you the means to enhance the performance of your business. Methys is one of the two main partners of the FSAT Labs and works closely with the incubator, supporting the start-ups on software development issues.
- Pursuing a Master’s degree from a leading business or engineering school, with a strong academic focus on entrepreneurship
- Previous work experience in either a startup or a high-demanding work environment (consulting firm, accelerator, investment bank…);
- Passion and understanding for entrepreneurial communities;
- Very good business sense and understanding;
- Ability to work in an innovative and ever-changing environment;
- Excellent communication (oral and written), interpersonal/coaching and organizational skills;
- Proactiveness and autonomy, strong analytical skills;
- Fluent in English
This position is based in Century City, Cape Town, South Africa.
Please send your application to: email@example.com