CapAfrica & French Tech Cape Town – Project & Community Coordinator
July to December (6 months)
Based in Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa
Cap40 is an integrated hub for business networking and connection, aggregating into a unique online platform a social network and a complete set of resources, and animating this community via local networking events, business to business partnerships, and regular newsletters. Cap40 community represents today 1500+ members and 25+ partners. Cap40 is planning a scale-up of the Cape Town model in Africa. The primary goal will be to drive connections between business in Africa, leveraging on the network effect of the Cap40 partners and the established track record of its core Cape Town entity, to create connection with ecosystem stakeholders in South Africa and Africa.
French Tech Cape Town brings together all the actors of the French Cape Town Startup and Tech scene. La French Tech refers to all the people working for or with French startups, in France or abroad. This ecosystem is made up of entrepreneurs, obviously, but also investors, engineers, designers, developers, associations, bloggers, media, big companies, and government agencies… All the players who are working towards startups’ growth and international promotion.
Support & coordinate the development of the Cap40 & French Tech Cape Town communities in Cape Town & Africa:
- Animation & Development of the existing Cape Town communities
- Coordination of the development of new Cap40 relays in Africa
Main tasks will involve:
- Event planning: organization of 1-2 event/month (conferences, pitches, networking) & the Cap40 Gala
- Communication: monthly newsletters, partnerships
- Business Development: internship placement service to develop in the Western Cape (Cap40)
- Digital: set-up & migration of Cap40 to a new online platform, update of the FrenchTech Cape Town website
- 6 months internship – Business School or University
- Autonomous & organized – ability to manage several parallel projects
- Creative & pro-active
- Previous successful experience in Event Organization & Communication (highly preferred)
- Microsoft Office suite, Photoshop, MailChimp & Eventbrite preferred – Video or Photography is a plus
- English proficiency – oral & written
- Social media (Facebook – Twitter – Linkedin) mastered
Your profile matches? Apply at firstname.lastname@example.org with a resume and a short cover letter. Please use as subject “Project coordinator Cap40 & French Tech CPT: Name Surname Application”.